Shaws began life as a butchers shop in the Borders town of Lauder, which was a finialist in the search for Britain's Best Butcher 2008. The business was founded in 1828 and has been passed down through generations of the Shaws and subsequently the Deans families.
We have always stuck true to our roots; procuring the best possible produce which we then skillfully butcher to offer our customers the best quality products.
In 2006 we teamed up with Dobbies Garden Centre in Melville when we were invited to establish a butchers outlet within their new Farm Foodhall, since then we have developed a reputation for supplying our customers with the best quality available. Our Melville outlet was a finalist in the search for Britain's best butcher 2007.
We opened our third outlet in September 2009 in Stockbridge in Edinburgh.
June 2010 saw the opening of our fourth outlet in Innerleithen in the Scottish Borders. The business, previously owned by Adrian Keddie is located in the busy main high street.
After being approached by a number of highly regarded chefs, we established a catering supplies division which has continued to flourish.